1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A thin blue/green line while watching NTSC DVD

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bigH007, Oct 3, 2001.

1. bigH007

bigH007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, while watching R1 DVD on my Sony KV28FX65. I notice that there is thin blue/green line at the top of the TV screen. This is noticeable when the aspect ratio is i.e. 2.35:1<br />Do anyone experience the same problem? I do not get this problem while I am watching R2 DVDs.

Thanks in advance, Howard.

2. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I have a Sony KV28FX60 as my second set which had the same problem. Do you only notice it on low-contrast scenes? I did, and it was because of the slight shrinkage of the picture during low contrast images (and the reduced number of lines in the NTSC signal).

I fixed this problem by entering the service menu and increasing the VPOS (vertical position) parameter by two, causing a slight upward shift in the picture. This worked for me as there was more overscan at the bottom, but you could also increase the height of the image if this was more applicable for you.

If you don't feel comfortable using the service menus (and they are very hazardous if you don't know what you're doing) get an engineer to fix it. It won't cost as long as the set is still under guarantee.