1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A thankyou to the regulars here. Read on.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bristol Pete, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    I have a ‘friend’ of a friend who can be particularly negative about certain things.

Generally, his negativity can be directed at other people or the things other people strive for and achieve. In essence, he is a guy jealous of other people, especially material objects, as he always likes to have better than most.
    You know the type, his car is better than yours and his house, which is worth more than yours, has to have a bigger garden blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, last week, in a heated discussion, he informed me that I had wasted my money on my Panasonic AE300 projector and that, in his opinion, if you spend less anything less than £7k on a projector you end up with crap. Of course, I put him straight and I told him how misinformed he was and that his ideology is both blinkered and inane and his knowledge of front projection is **** all.

“How many projectors have you owned or demoed” I asked him.

“None” he replied.

The guy is an idiot and I had the same problem when I bought my Mission M72 speaker set - yet this guy has the worst surround set up I have seen or heard.

Anyway, this is a sincere THANK-YOU to all of the regulars here that have contributed to this forum since I joined and given me the knowledge to put this guys argument to bed. I actually embarrassed him in the end as my ‘small’ knowledge of FP had him tied up in knots.

Sadly I cant actually show him how good my cinema room/projector is - as to be honest I really don’t want to let him in my house.
    Thankfully he is no mate of mine. But I do hope he enjoys watching his 32” wide-screen TV that happens to be better than mine:)

Keep on posting,

Cap.

2. Mirablo

Mirablo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :clap: :clap: ROTFL nice to see a know-it-all who knows nothing get taken down a peg or 2.

I have known people like that . arses.... all of them :D