Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I dont understand the question

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nunew33

Standard Member
Reaction score
Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
Can anyone who owns the above machines have a go at changing the CDR/MD display (page 7 of 5200 manual, not sure on 4200).

Amp will display CDR by default.
Instructions are press CDR/MD on remote and hold down then press 2 to change to MD. (press 1 to get it back to CDR)

Does this work for anyone?

So come on smart Alec! Own up, did you really get it to work following the instructions or is there a knack?

Didn't work on my 4200 either when using your instructions. I haven't looked at my manual to see if instructions are the same or if indeed it is possible with the 4200, I will try to dig it out tomorrow and check.

I have now checked my manual and can confirm no such option is given for the 4200, so you really just need 5200 owners to try it out for you.

Thanks Mandlerot.

I know they sharethe same remote so thought it may work on the 4200

I know this is going a bit off topic, but well we are all testing our amps can people check if when set in tuner mode the amp's RDS works properly.

According to the manual it’s supposed to display the station name automatically but when I select the tuner my amp's goes to the last station I listened to but only displays the frequency and if I select a preset using the numeric pad again it only displays the frequency unless I press the RDS button. If however I do a station hop using the next or search buttons it then behaves has it should displaying the station name automatically.

Can people please try and report there findings.

Cheers

got a 6200, can't get it to work either. got a little bit excited when i thought i could change the display. sad.

Mandlerot, I will try this when I get home.

Does anyone know hpw I can find out who posted a yes on the poll?

Stuart does your manual say you can? I think yours has a different remote?

Originally posted by nunew33
Does anyone know hpw I can find out who posted a yes on the poll?

That would be me (not that I think you guys are stupid, mind, just that I did get it to work, once...)

I distinctly remember trying this feature when I was first setting up my 5200, just to see if it worked, which it did. I don't have a MD or CDR so it wasn't something I really cared about, but I tried it anyway. This would have been before I went through the setup screens on the 5200 and before I programmed any other devices into the remote.

Of course I tried again over the weekend after reading this thread, and couldn't get it to work at all :(

I wonder if a complete reset of the amp and/or remote is required to get this feature to work? Anyone know how to do that?

Scott

Hmmm, I will take the batteries out of the remote for a couple of hours and try that tonight.

No lungfish said a full reset of the amp, it tells you how to do that in the manual under trouble shooting. Taking the batteries out won't do jot.

Originally posted by mandlebrot
No lungfish said a full reset of the amp, it tells you how to do that in the manual under trouble shooting. Taking the batteries out won't do jot.

Well... I wondered if that would do any good, given that I know that the MD/CDR switching thing worked once and never again. No idea whether I'm right or not :)

The 5200 manual makes vague noises about disconnecting the power for 'at least 3 minutes' to reset the amp (page 22 in my copy). Not sure about this either -- I had it disconnected for at least 30 minutes while rearranging cables, all my settings were still intact when I plugged it back in.

My manual actually states switching on then pressing 2 button at the same time, can't remember which buttons, will check tomorrow but my amp is the 4200 so might not be the same.

Originally posted by mandlebrot

I know, but resetting the amp is drastic. Im just wondering if after you start adding codes to the remote that it doesnt then transmit the right codes. I cant see it being an amp problem. But thats the next step.

I took the batteries out when I got home last night, and forgot to put them back in so will test tonight

If you do decide to reset the amp then according to my manual for the 4200. You put the amp in standby then press and hold the F/P button until the amp powers up.

I agree that its a bit drastic to reset the amp has all your custom settings will be lost.

I can't see that adding codes to remote would alter its behaviour when its in amp mode but hey who knows, anything reasonable is worth a try.

Have you managed to try the tuner RDS thing I asked yet?

Im in a heavy DIY session at the moment, literally the moment I get home Im doing DIY (electrics 2nite, electrocuted myself 3 times in under 5 minutes last time!!!!, so I should be able to test the remote without putting batteries in it!)

But I will print this thread off to remind me of my priorities:devil: when I get in

:D :D :D now thats made me giggle.

We have a remote for a portable TV that works for about a week with constant use without any batteries. I got a bit spooked the first time when I saw my wife using it the day after I'd nicked the batteries.

:)

Hi all,
I have now lost most of my hair over this problem!
Marantz do not seem to return E-mails!
I have asked them to explain exactly how to do this and they have not replied. It has been over a week.
I would like to change the display of various settings (I have my phono going into the TV input for example)

Please, sweet sweet Jesus, wont you help us find an answer to this MD/CDR thing? Amen.
My hair line cannot take any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

mandlerot

tested the tuner. Displays the frequency for abou a second then shows the channel name (or channel name I have set for MW/LW).

No matter how I select it (channel +-, direct, switching on/off, to other soundsources and back). A couple of signals are weak and on these it stays as frequency but says no RDS data.

Hope this helps

Regarding remote

took batteries out and didnt make a difference.

Read manual and it says amp settings remain for a number of days!!!!! Does anyone knoe how to reset the amp.

rocdiggle, I got a same day response from Marantz when the UK person dealing with queries was on holiday. Obviously the UK guy doesnt have the same focus as his european counterpart.

I will have a go at resetting my amp as soon as I find a quicker way than leaving it off for a number of days.

Cheers nunew33 for doing the tuner test.

Have you tried resetting the amp using the instructions that I gave you in a previous post?

If you do decide to reset the amp then according to my manual for the 4200. You put the amp in standby then press and hold the F/P button until the amp powers up.

Can anyone with an SR4200 do the tuner test for me? Cause like I said in another previous post.

According to the manual it’s supposed to display the station name automatically but when I select the tuner my amp's goes to the last station I listened to but only displays the frequency and if I select a preset using the numeric pad again it only displays the frequency unless I press the RDS button. If however I do a station hop using the next or search buttons it then behaves has it should displaying the station name automatically.

I to have asked Marantz questions and never had any response, seems they don't care about customers who contact them by email:(

Dont know if it helps but when I emailed Marantz, I sent them the address to a thread in this website to show that I wasnt alone in my complaint.

Right, I will reset my amp tonight and then have a go at this CDR/MD problem. Why I am doing this I dont know, as I already have a minidisc recorder hooked up elsewhere and am unlikely to use it with the amp.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom