1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A sub-sharpness in the Service Menu for Pana PD50 ?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Ysl, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Ysl

Ysl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have to much artifacts/pixelitation with Aerial/Sat reception, I have tried almost everything but I think that if I could lower the shapness even more (in the service menu) , those artifacts will be less evident...do you know if this is possible in the service menu ??

Also, does anyone have explanation (in a service manual) for the code in service menu 2 ??

Sorry for my english, I'm french speaking

Yves

2. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Your english is much better than my french mon ami :) .You shouldnt have to lower the sharpness any more.I would say the incoming source/signal is poor.I would imagine quality is good with dvd.

3. Ysl

Ysl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, DVD quality is very good but I mostly watch HD (Pioneer DVR720) recorded program (higher level recording mode) . With my Sony 25" 4:3 I do not see any pixelitation but since I have the 32pd50, pixelitation is too much for me if you don't watch from less than 3-4 Meters.

I noticed that when I lower the sharpness, those pixelitations are lowered but not enough to my taste and that why I would like to lower it even more..

And I could set sharpess full in the "normal" picture setting for watching DVD

I wait for the new Sony RDR HX710 HD recorder with Component output to see if it will be better...

Merci mon ami !