A source signal: picture to TV, sound to amp. TV is delayed

rockiesun

Novice Member
Reaction score
I've been using Sony 55X8505B for a year now. I still have the same problem as Day 1.

It doesn't matter what brand or type the source is,
Panasonic bluray HDD recorder,
Sony DVD HDD recorder or
Toshiba DVD player.
Picture out to TV with HDMI (and a scart)
sound out to amp (NAD C375BEE) with RCA.
The result on the TV is delayed compared to the amp. No TV lip sync problem on itself.

I've been searching a lot. It seems not so many people have this problem or at least are bothered by it. I want to get a confirmation. Is it because the new type of TV (I used to use CRT. This X85 is my first LCD) 's picture processing is slow? Not because my TV is faulty? Is getting a DAC module for my amp - so the sound from TV can get out to amp - the only cure without buying a soundbar? NAD C375BEE is a stereo amp , not AV receiver - it doesn't take digital sound.

Last edited:
The picture on all flat-screen TV's takes longer to process than the audio therefore the audio needs to be delayed slightly.
Most modern amps/AV Receivers have a variable audio delay option you can adjust.
So unless your amp has this you either need to replace it or buy a lip-sync module similar to this which you would connect between the RCA audio out from your Tv to the audio in on your amp and allow you to adjust it.
Lip Sync Corrector | LINDY UK

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom