A soundbar for my Samsung S95B + Xbox Series X setup. Is there one that will work properly?

Moonwalker2006

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I bought a S95B in July this year and I love it. Now it's time to add a soundbar to it because the TV audio is so so. I was excited to go look up on Google all the possible soundbars for the TV and Xbox Series X until my search quickly got me lots of negative news regarding this combination. I saw people with Samsung, Sonos, Sony, JBL soundbars and a XSX having tons of issues with especially audio delay using Atmos or DD but also not being able to have 5.1 or 7.1 sound. Especially on Samsung tv's.

I went on forums such as AVS too and I have to say that my excitement has come tumbling down for sure. And it's starting to look like I might have to go the AVR route. Now I did saw several people say that all was fine when they hooked the XSX straight into the soundbar but that resulted in losing VRR and 120hz, something I am not willing to sacrifice. Unless you have a bar that supports all of that.

My question basically is, what are my options? I was really interested in Sonos Beam gen 2 or Arc, but after reading so many of these issues and not having seen a solution to it, it's starting to look bad. It definitely seems to differ per brand TV too, my brother has LG C9 and Sonos Arc with XSX works fine.

Which soundbars on this TV and with XSX work great for you, or do you know of that they work fine?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom