A small silver spot has appeared on the screen of my LG OLED B9 55 inch.

blop

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

A small silver spot has appeared on the screen of my LG OLED B9 55 inch.

The screen has never been knocked or anything like that.

tvpic.jpg

Any ideas what it could be?

Last edited:
Does it appear on all sources?
Have you tried removing the power to the TV, waiting say, 15 mins and powering on again...does it still appear?
If yes to these...contact where you bought it from.

Can you feel the imperfection? From first glance it looks like an impact with a sharp object. We had something similar with a screen at work. The CCTV revealed that a pen was chucked across the room and took a chunk out of the front of the screen!

I can feel the imperfection but I'm postive that nothing has hit the screen.

Could something have blown or melted?

It's highly unlikely that anything within the TV could cause that.

How is the TV mounted and how can you be 100% sure nothing has hit the screen? I only ask regarding the mounting as it's not impossible that a screw was slightly too long nad has pushed into the panel and impact damage can happen in a split second and not be noticed until later.

It's highly unlikely that anything within the TV could cause that.

How is the TV mounted and how can you be 100% sure nothing has hit the screen? I only ask regarding the mounting as it's not impossible that a screw was slightly too long nad has pushed into the panel and impact damage can happen in a split second and not be noticed until later.
There are no mounting screws/bolts that high up and in that position on the B9, it does look like an impact mark.

It's not a dead something, is it?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom