A Simple iPod Question ?

leenx002

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I've got anIpod 30gb and love it, so much so I reccomended one to my father. He now has a Nano 4gb I think and has asked me to upload a stack of his CD's onto his Ipod either using my ITunes or his on his computer. I'm not bothered either way but wanted to know if I were to upload all his CDs and tracks onto my Itunes how this could be done without him getting all of my downloaded tracks which I have built up over some time? I've tried exploring the help section but can't seem to find an answer? If this route isn't possible - could anyone suggest how it could be done?

Many Thanks
Nick

Rip his cd's to your library and set yours and his iPod to manual update not auto sync and drag them to his iPod.:smashin:

We have three iPods in our house one large library and we all just drag and drop what we want to the individual iPod.

Or if you have windows xp set up a different user ie your dad rip his cd's to his own library and drop them onto his ipod.:smashin:

It might be easiest to create another user account on windows for your dad to log in with. He can then have his very own copy of iTunes and so have his own music in there, without having to access any of yours. This will keep the 2 iTunes and iPods completely separate.

:D KevH beat me to it !

Sorry John ;)

By the way the thread title should be "question from thickies!" not question for thickies !!!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Yes I go along with that, I didn't mean thickies were you lot more it is a basic question. Again apologies. Already I think you guys have solved the problem but keep them coming!
Cheers all.

Sorry John

By the way the thread title should be "question from thickies!" not question for thickies !!!!!!

Changed :)

The amazing power of the moderators !!! :D

Maybe you can be my spellchecker john !!:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom