A shock friends request!

rev happy

Established Member
Reaction score
I was happily playing Virtua Tennis the other day, when a friends request appeared from somebody called "barbieri". I had no idea who this was, so I assumed it must be somebody from my recent players list, but when I checked there was no sign of this gamer tag.

Not having a clue who barbieri is, I was just about to decline the request when I noticed his gamerscore. I say his gamer score because only a man could have a score like this. After a quick double take it read 130964. :eek: After checking MyGamerCard.net, it turns out that he's got the sixth highest gamer score in the world!

For some strange reason, he appears very keen to be my friend as he's sent me another message in French which translated says "Hello, accept my request". Not being able to speak French and wondering what type of person could have a gamer score like this, I've decided to decline his request. Not wanting to hurt his feelings, I think I'll send a message explaining that unfortunately I only play with people who are in the worlds top 5. :D

I was happily playing Virtua Tennis the other day, when a friends request appeared from somebody called "barbieri". I had no idea who this was, so I assumed it must be somebody from my recent players list, but when I checked there was no sign of this gamer tag.

Not having a clue who barbieri is, I was just about to decline the request when I noticed his gamerscore. I say his gamer score because only a man could have a score like this. After a quick double take it read 130964. :eek: After checking MyGamerCard.net, it turns out that he's got the sixth highest gamer score in the world!

For some strange reason, he appears very keen to be my friend as he's sent me another message in French which translated says "Hello, accept my request". Not being able to speak French and wondering what type of person could have a gamer score like this, I've decided to decline his request. Not wanting to hurt his feelings, I think I'll send a message explaining that unfortunately I only play with people who are in the worlds top 5. :D

Theres probably some acheivement youv'e got that he hasnt got, that he wants you to do whilst logged into his account to increase his gamerscore. Hence the reason his score is so big.

Theres probably some acheivement youv'e got that he hasnt got, that he wants you to do whilst logged into his account to increase his gamerscore. Hence the reason his score is so big.

Ah, that's how it works is it. My guess is seeing as he's french, he can't bear the thought of playing through Brian Lara's Cricket. :)

I think I'll send a message explaining that unfortunately I only play with people who are in the worlds top 5. :D

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Great post/comment. Well done, Rev!

Hows that work - If he gives you his details to log into his account, then you could simply change the password and take ownership. Change your tag to something else, then change his tag to yours.

You'd then be the holder of the 6th best gamertag score in the world. :rotfl:

tell him [no] he wants to recover your account, tawts like him ruin the gamer score system. If anyone ever asked me id take there account change passwords and leave it in limbo so they would be screwed.

tell him to fcuk off he wants to recover your account, tawts like him ruin the gamer score system. If anyone ever asked me id take there account change passwords and leave it in limbo so they would be screwed.

Very nasty, But very funny :cool:

I've decided to decline his request. Not wanting to hurt his feelings, I think I'll send a message explaining that unfortunately I only play with people who are in the worlds top 5. :D

fantastic :D :D

Definately do no accept his request, he is a known gamerscore vampire and the minute you accept his request he will drain you down into single figures!

Definately do no accept his request, he is a known gamerscore vampire and the minute you accept his request he will drain you down into single figures!

I must be slooooow today... how? :confused:

g

I must be slooooow today... how? :confused:

g

Well that makes two of us :confused:

How can simply accepting a friend request allow your gamerscore or achievements to be taken away?

Edit: Whoops, make that three *rotf*

You say you only play top five players, he's number five now so your allowed to play him;) ;) ;)

Yeah, I see his gamerscore is up to 132449 now. It's too late for him though as I've already declined his request.

Like you guys, I still don't understand how this rapid rise is possible. :confused:

Can he have friends at microsoft that can hack into the database for him, or maybe he works there himself, lol!!:rotfl:

Well that makes two of us :confused:

How can simply accepting a friend request allow your gamerscore or achievements to be taken away?

Edit: Whoops, make that three *rotf*

Make it 4. I don't understand either...

Not wanting to hurt his feelings, I think I'll send a message explaining that unfortunately I only play with people who are in the worlds top 5. :D

Probably the best quote i've ever read on this forum...Nice one!:smashin:

People get these stupidly high scores by game saving and account recovery i can tell you every single person in the world top 50 has done either of these.

I dont mind a bit of boosting everynow and again on a multiplayer game but these guys are just leaches.

Its really sad to be honest these guys are getting little or no pleasure in buying/downloading/playing these games and all for the sake of a number.

Wow guys!............it was supposed to be a joke! guess that one crashed and burned!

So... you think the guy actually sat there and accrued all these points in a legit way? :eek: Now that would be a joke! :devil: :D

g

Hows that work - If he gives you his details to log into his account, then you could simply change the password and take ownership. Change your tag to something else, then change his tag to yours.

You'd then be the holder of the 6th best gamertag score in the world. :rotfl:

Now that would be funny:smashin:

I just can't believe how seriously some of these people take gamerscores:rolleyes: , I mean I love achievements for the satisfaction of achieving something, that's the fun part.

him and some of the leaders swap accounts and do achivements for each other. i have one guy on my list who has 73k and he has done them all legit

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom