A Scanner Darkly - HD-DVD or Blu-Ray?

Indiana Jones

Ok I cant make my mind up.

I am looking at purchasing 'A Scanner Darkly' but cant decide on whether I should get the Blu-Ray or the HD-DVD release.

The price difference is only a quid at the place I am looking to get it from and both have equally good reviews.

Can someone make a decision for me :lease:

AES256

I suppose one consideration would concern any future plans of getting a stand-alone machine to replace your add-on drive and/or PS3 for High Def playback. At that point you'd probably prefer to use the stand-alone player over the games consoles to play your movies.

Indiana Jones

I suppose one consideration would concern any future plans of getting a stand-alone machine to replace your add-on drive and/or PS3 for High Def playback. At that point you'd probably prefer to use the stand-alone player over the games consoles to play your movies.

If I ever do replace the 360 add-on or PS3 then it will probaley be with one of those dual format players so I still have the same problem, Blu-Ray or HD-DVD :rolleyes:

norealplan

Ok I cant make my mind up.

I am looking at purchasing 'A Scanner Darkly' but cant decide on whether I should get the Blu-Ray or the HD-DVD release.

The price difference is only a quid at the place I am looking to get it from and both have equally good reviews.

Can someone make a decision for me :lease:

Looking about at the reviews, all say they're identical. So just go for the cheapest one maybe?

Indiana Jones

If there really is nothing in them then I will go for the cheaper HD-DVD one and put the quid towards my next purchase :smashin:

Indiana Jones

One of those reviews confirms that they are identical so guess it comes down to money or which will look nicer on the shelf :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom