A Scanner Darkly - cool movie?

Not sure what I make of the faux animation look - not entirely convinced by the trailer...

Its directed by Richard Linklater (one of the smartest Directors around) and uses the same rotoscoping technique (drawing every frame on top of digital video) he used in Waking Life. It will be the best sci-fi of the year. Keanu will be fine without the bad Matrix dialogue and he has an amazing supporting cast of Robert Downey, Woody Harrelson and Winona Ryder, to back him up.

trailer looks interesting and i love a good anmie,
nice one raigraphixs.

Harj said:
A good phillip k dick book. It has Keauna in it so i doub it'll be any good.

The problem is that, for me, the films are better than the Philip K. Dick books/short stories e.g. Bladerunner(Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep), Total Recall(We Can Remember It For You Wholesale) and Minority Report(These are the only ones I've read that I've seen the film versions of, I've not read Paycheck)

Scanner Darkly Trailer is up, certainly does have a unique look..

Click here

Theared Merged Jaymzee ;)

lovemunkey187 said:
The problem is that, for me, the films are better than the Philip K. Dick books/short stories

Sacrilege! The films are the merest wisps of the original works.

remember reading A Scanner Darkly when I was about 14, don't think I've recovered :)

lovemunkey187 said:
The problem is that, for me, the films are better than the Philip K. Dick books/short stories e.g. Bladerunner(Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep), Total Recall(We Can Remember It For You Wholesale) and Minority Report(These are the only ones I've read that I've seen the film versions of, I've not read Paycheck)

didn't know Paycheck was a PKD book, ho hum, welcome to amature hour :suicide:

been waiting for this for ages, saw the trailer about 4 months ago.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom