A Round London

iandrews

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Taken from Primrose Hill, North London.

07seproundsm.jpg

3 photos converted from raw, and stitched together using Autostitch. Then in Elements 5, auto adjusted, straightened, cropped, and then following this guide turned into a “Polar Panorama”. Then blended the join, sharpened, resized and then boarder added.

Camera: Canon 400D
Lens: Sigma 70 - 300 @ 70mm
Aperture: F8
Shutter: 2 Sec
ISO: 100
Date / Time: 10/09/2007 19:53 &19:54

Here’s a link to the 1st photo which should have EXIF attached: http://www.zen121200.zen.co.uk/photocomp/07sepIMG_1744sm.jpg

Ian.

Absolutely Brilliant:clap::clap::clap:

Oh wait a minute, the theme is Round Things, which is plural, sorry its not valid as it is only one round thing, you are just going have to go out again and take a more mundane and ordinary photo:devil:

But it's got the London Eye in it, and that's round, as it the top of St Paul's that can also be seen.....

Ian.

Not many pics that make me go "wow", but "wow"!! That's really superb. I bet it would sell loads on Fotolia or iStockphoto. Top shot, great idea :thumbsup:

You should do a series of these in different cities. Seriously. Before someone else does.

That's where I got the idea from, I remember you showing that photo, and maybe even linking to the same guide from the Panoramas thread a few months ago.

Ian.

Thanks Ian. But yours is so much better than mine. I love how you've captured the buildings with their lights on. And the green trees in the middle look great.

Thats a great picture, brilliant. I'm heading to New York on the first, so i'll be thinking about taking a few like this from the top of the empire or something. Great. :)

I can only agree with everyone else here, absolutely superb, certainly on theme and an intriguing entry :thumbsup:

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOWWOW WOW WOW WOW WOW :thumbsup:

Absoulutely fantastic.....my favorite so far......

Got some really talented people on this forum....

well theres no doubting its a masterfully put together image and an interesting take on the theme.

Im not really a fan of polar panos and reckon a straight pano of the river bank with the London eye all lit up or something might have been stronger.I find myself rotating my head to pick up all the really interesting elements of the shot which is a bit of a pain in the neck;)

one of the best polars ive seen though:smashin:

Im not really a fan of polar panos and reckon a straight pano of the river bank with the London eye all lit up or something might have been stronger.I find myself rotating my head to pick up all the really interesting elements of the shot which is a bit of a pain in the neck;)

one of the best polars ive seen though:smashin:

Thanks.

That was another if my ideas, but:

a) I was pleased with the way this came out so decided to go with it, and
b) It was different, I'm sure lots of us have seen a photo of the Eye lit up many times before.

As to your pain in the neck, how about either:

a) Tuning your monitor round, or
b) Saving it to you PC, and rotating it. :)

Ian.

absolutely superb

good luck with the competition everyone :rotfl:

excellent stuff and superb picture!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Going against the grain here i guess and will probably be best ducking for cover!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I personally (only me!) think that there is to much post shot production to be classed as a photograph. Don't get me wrong - fabulous entry - but as a photo competition, it has to much after the initial photo's done to it for me, to count as a photo.

I do think it is an excellent piece of work but just feel that other more simple, straightforward photo's capture the theme better. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

No offence meant - i really do like it as an image!!

That's fine, in fact this topic comes up again and again when someone posts a photo that's had quite a bit of PP done on it. Some people like edited photos and some don't. I don't usually do a lot of editing on mine, but in this case I thought the idea fitted the theme well, and I think it was just last month when someone was deciding who to vote for, and they noted that the forum was "Digital Cameras, Photography & Photo Editing" so decided to vote for a photo that had been heavily edited.

Ian.

Love it:)

Incredible! Wow! Fantastic! Excellent! Brilliant!
How many times can someone have their AV gear Calibrated? :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom