A remote that works as good as the originals?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Les E, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I have a Logitech Harmony 1100 and I really don't think I have been happy with it since the day I bought the remote. It has all the bells and whistles but to actually switch everything on at the same time is a nightmare. My kit is in a cabinet but by all accounts the remote should pass thru (I even have an extender for the fact). But no, it will only switch on a couple of items and the rest I do manually or with he original remote. Don't even get me started on the volume control...

The original remotes work great, especially the Sky+HD one but if I try to navigate with the Logitech it either will not do the job or here is so much lag and delay I always come back to the original remotes.

Is there a remote that will meet my needs or am I asking too much here? Maybe a sufficient app on my ipad that will do the business? I just want the coverage and responce time of my originals in an all-in-one.

2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,788
    Either there is something wrong with your 1100 or you haven't run the Troubleshoot to correct its operation.
    Mine works perfectly!

3. andy1249

andy1249
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,658
    I have 13 pieces of gear in two cabinets, no issues with the harmony , no lag , nothing.
    One of the pieces used to be sky till i ditched them. Now its a humax 1000s.

As above, yours is either faulty or not set up correctly.

4. Member 581642

Member 581642
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,501
    Have to agree with the two posts above