1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A refugee seeking, err... refuge?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ShinObiWAN, Jul 5, 2004.

1. ShinObiWAN

ShinObiWAN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Strange title but its a little how I feel at the moment.

It was a difficult choice but I'm selling my Barcodata 808 CRT projector and have a Sony HS20 on order to replace the sleeping giant.

I've already demoed the HS20 so I know that the picture in movies isn't in the class as the CRT. But what I saw I was happy enough with and the fact that the HS20 is so much small and easier to setup puts the CRT to a big disadvantage.
    I was surprised with PC gaming, the HS20 absolutely flattens the CRT in this area, really great bold colours and vivid reproduction.

So after months of saying I would never move over to digital - here I am.

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    ShinObiWAN,

Welcome aboard........................ for absolute blacks digital projectors can't beat CRT, but for a range of other benefits it has the upperhand.......... The current crop of digitals (like the HS20 and also particularly some of the DLPs) are far better than some of the models in the marketplace 18 months or two years ago.

There's lots of info in the FAQ, being familiar with front projection you prob know most of it backwards anyway, and lots of experience in digital projectors amongst the regulars here.

All the best,

Sean.