Question A recommendation for an AirPrinter

kah22

Established Member
Reaction score
My Windows 10 laptop is now permanently retired and I'm left with an iPhone and iPad to serve my computing needs

I do very little printing these days but I still need one for the occasional job.

From what I'm reading you need an 'AirPrinter' printer in order to print wirelessly. Because I'll only be using it an irregular basis I'm after a decent one that won't break the bank. The only stipulation is that it will print wirelessly. Budget no more than £100, less if possible

Any ideas

Just about every major printer manufacturer has wireless printers under your budget.
It's a case of "take your pick"
Consider the price of replacement ink.

From what I'm reading you need an 'AirPrinter' printer in order to print wirelessly.

The technology that iOS devices need to print wirelessly is called Airprint yes. You probably want to pick up one that supports other wireless printing technologies as well though, as that particular one is only used by Apple devices. Everything wi-fi works with Windows and google cloud print is needed for Android devices.

Consider the price of replacement ink.

Hardly an issue if it's only used occasionally, if anything small catridges may be better as you're more likely to get through them before they dry up.

have you considered a colour laser printer ?

SAMSUNG Xpress C430W Wireless Laser Printer

ideal for doing that occasional print as they don't suffer from clogging like inkjets and as long as your not printing photos which laser printers are not that good at especially at the budget end the are great for everything else

the cost of toner can be high but like everything else there are 3rd party toner cartridges to be had that can keep the cost down
not to mention that if your only doing the occasional print they seem to last for ever

To avoid the different wireless apps consider say an HP with e-print. You send it an email with what you want printed attached from any device connected to the internet. Works well for me.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom