A "Recommend A Friend" Saga

jrisch

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I have unreasonable expectations, what do you think?

My sister-in-law moves into a newly renovated cottage and as it doesn't have an aerial, dish, phone we decide the quickest and cheapest way to get her viewing is to install Sky with the most basic package, and through "recommend a friend", upgrade our home system to Sky+ (we'll add multi-room to move the old Sky box into my office).

So s-i-l's box was installed on the 14th November, and on the 15th I rang Sky fpr my Sky+ install. Apparently I have to wait for a letter which will take 2-3 weeks, but I definitely will have Sky+ in for Christmas.

On the 6th December, 3 weeks after my previous call I ring Sky and say "where's the letter", to be told it was posted on the 1st December.

Today, 12the December, reckoning even with Christmas post I should have the letter by now, I ring again. This time I'm told the "letter" was sent on the 27th November, but that doesn't mean it hit the post then and I have to allow a further 28 days to receive it, at which point I can order the Sky+. If that is the 27th December then the Sky+ install will be almost 8 weeks after the friend's install, on Sky's latest timescale.

Presumably these delays are built into the small print somewhere but I fail to see what Sky gain from the prevarication. Possibly it could be because friend has a period of grace to have their box removed, so Sky won't commit my box until it's clear the friend's isn't coming out.

All I want is my Sky+ installed, particularly as the Panasonic digibox seems to be about to give up the ghost (more on that in a separate post).

What are others experiences with this particular promotion?

Regards, John.

you have to wait for over 28 days after the install at the other adress because sky have to know that the friend you reccommended are going to stay with sky.

very fair point like.

Yeah, I did say that in my rant. But the first box has been in 28 days, and they're saying it'll be up to a further 28 days!

Regards, John.

in that instance that is a little messed up.

but just think of it this way. sky+ is well worth the wait.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom