1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A reasonable projector for Hi-Def material?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by lscolman, Oct 24, 2005.

1. lscolman

lscolman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Hi,

I have a Sanyo Z1, but can't find out what it's native resolution is. Anyone able to help.

I'm contemplating replacing this projector, with a Projector that handles Hi-Def from my D-VHS player, with outputs 1080i.

What would people's recommendations be? :)

Cheers, Lee

2. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    The Z1 was 960x540 IIRC.

Unless you are spending serious cash, there aren't really any digital projectors which will handle 1080i "natively" - 720p is the best you'll get for not-obscene money :)

Depends how much you want to spend really, but the new Sanyo Z4 is just out at around £1300 - it's a dynamic iris equipped 720p LCD model.

3. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    BenQ 7700 is within the same price range and would be your alternative if you prefer DLP over LCD. Its native resolution is 1280*720. I have some High Def material on my Hard drive and it has blown me away and that is with my Optoma H30 which has a native resolution of 800*600 so i can't wait to see see the BenQ in action when i get it :eek:

4. lscolman

lscolman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Hi,

Thanks for the info guys. Any more Projectors I should consider with 720p ability?

Cheers, Lee

5. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,788
    I've just taken delivery of a new PJ that I want to evaluate. It's a 720P DLP and has the ability, according to its specs, to run at 48Hz as well as 50 and 60 native res. Could be ideal for partnering with your Lumagen Lee. I need to run some tests etc then write up the results to put on the website. No idea of final price unit will be but I'd hope sub£3500...perhaps sub £3000...

G