A really dumb question re Monitor Audio Centre:

Azaniah

Novice Member
Finally got my stand today so I can start hooking everything up.

I've got banana plugs prefitted on the cable, but the back of the monitor audio bx centre appears to have plastic plugging where I would expect the plug to go.
Do I just unscrew the terminal and use the hold in the side instead or is the plastic removable somehow?

Sorry to be so dumb, been a long life :)

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Likely the plastic caps that appear to seal the end of the terminal, are just pressed in place to conform to some electric safety standard, that really shouldn't be applied to audio, but none the less is.

In most cases, you can just pry the plastic cap off ... in most cases.

And, yes, in many cases, you can just trap the Banana Pin in the speaker terminal. Exactly how this will work depends on the specific terminals, but many are made so that the sideways hole in the post is large enough to accommodate at Banana Plug.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:

laughalot

Likely the plastic caps that appear to seal the end of the terminal, are just pressed in place to conform to some electric safety standard, that really shouldn't be applied to audio, but none the less is.

In most cases, you can just pry the plastic cap off ... in most cases.

Steve/bluewizard
The wizard is correct simply remove the plastic plugs. I have the RX1's same plastic plugs

Top Bottom