A Rainy Day in New York Blu-ray Review & Comments

Evinger

Thanks for the Review, Cas. Haven't enjoyed a Woody Allen Film for many years, & so will not bother with this. Maybe it should have been retitled "The Not So Great At All And Mostly Irritating Gatsby"
P.S. His Hair! I cannot unsee that hair!

Tim2049

I'd argue that most long term Woody fans expect mediocrity these days anyway.

Rainy Day is indeed pretty average, but being Woody, it's still greater than the sum of its parts. I loved it...

Buggs66

It’s a personal thing but as much as I loved watching his movies in the past there’s just no way I would even consider watching a Woody Allen movie anymore.It still surprises the amount of A list actors that want to be associated with him.

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
It’s a personal thing but as much as I loved watching his movies in the past there’s just no way I would even consider watching a Woody Allen movie anymore.It still surprises the amount of A list actors that want to be associated with him.
Well judging by the fact that most of the cast here donated their salaries to charity is response to it all, and the cast of his next movie (and the fact Amazon dumped him one film into a 4 film deal, and refused to even release that movie) I'm guessing the tide has changed.

Buggs66

Well judging by the fact that most of the cast here donated their salaries to charity is response to it all, and the cast of his next movie (and the fact Amazon dumped him one film into a 4 film deal, and refused to even release that movie) I'm guessing the tide has changed.
Good for Rebecca Hall and Timothée Chalamet I just wish a few more Actors from his recent movies would do the same.Never thought I would say to myself I can’t watch Annie Hall anymore so missing out on A Rainy Day In New York is no hardship.

Tim2049

Sooo...what did he do exactly?

Tim2049

There's some interesting context to those 'donations'. Just as aside...

It frequently pays to look beneath the surface when it comes to Woody Allen stories...