1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A rack to stand over a sub woofer

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by imichael, Nov 30, 2004.

1. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Can any one point me in the right direction for a rack to carry 5 bits of full width kit that has enough space underneath for an MS409 subwoofer ( 370w x 423h x 370d mm).

Ideally in chrome or matt silver finish, glass shelves. Hidden cable routing would be nice, but not a show stopper.

The other alternative is wall mounting, but I can't find anything that can match the specs and weight holding needed.

Thanks

Ian

2. 1ofaKind

1ofaKind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Heh you must be a mind reader. I was going to post exactly same question to stand over my Kef sub. I think I need a 2 or 3 shelf over the sub and a seperate (too much kit)

I did notice on the get your plasma's thread someone had a stand over a sub - can't remember the page :(

3. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    You're not planning on wall mounting your sub are you? :eek:

Not sure what sort of specs/weight carrying capabilities you're after but the vast majority of wall-mounted shelves will easily carry even the heaviest AV equipment. Maybe a DIY job would provide the finish you're after?

Can't think of any floor racks that would have space for a 409 though.

4. 1ofaKind

1ofaKind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Found it.

Page 72 in the get your plasmas thread (plasmas forum) - Gordie has a rack over a kef sub (my sub is hxwxd (360x320x320) i think).

If we get no replies I might send him a PM to find out what it is :)

5. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not cheap but an Optimum dealer www.optimum2000.com
    can order custom size versions of their stands
    so just order one with 500mm poles at the bottom!

"All ranges are completely modular (except Fusion models) - enabling a stand to be customised to suit component sizes. Additional or different sized shelf modules can be purchased separately as required, choosing from eleven different rod sizes :
    80, 120, 150, 170, 200*, 230, 250*, 320**, 400*, 500 and 600mm"
    (* Only available in Stainless Steel and Polished Chrome)
    (** Only available in Stainless Steel, Polished Chrome and Cherry real wood)

The only shelves i've seen that have got a hope of supporting a decent weight are from www.standsunique.com their higher model will take up to 30kgs but will set you back £290 each. When you see one in the flesh though you'll see why, the build quality is fantastic!

6. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks so far, I don't think I'll be taking the standsunique option though. £1100 is a touch steep, though they do look good.

I'll keep on looking, but if you do get anything back from Gordie, please let me know what he has to say.

Cheers