A Quiet Place Part II 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Looking forward to owning this, got a feeling it will go right to the top of my demo scenes!! 👍🏻

Dax666

Standard Member
I enjoyed this movie. I liked that it had more going on with this movie compared to the first one. The audio on the 4K was great and the picture quality looked really sharp. Overall I give this movie an 8.

Tim2049

Surely the 9/10 is over-compensating slightly in light of all the Netflix dreck you've had to endure recently...(?)

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Surely the 9/10 is over-compensating slightly in light of all the Netflix dreck you've had to endure recently...(?)
Movie was an 8 (about right IMO). Overall was a 9 due to 10/10 for both video and audio.

Slinkywizard

It's a 6.5/10 from me (for the movie itself). Amazing picture and sound (10/10 on both counts), and I liked the way it picked up directly where the last one left off.

But it felt like half a movie. When the final credits rolled I was just shocked. Like... not only was that brief, but nothing has really moved forward in any substantial way. I really did like the first one a lot, but this didn't reach those heights for me.

Last edited:

Jessica Noir

My iTunes copy dropped earlier in the week, so going to try and do a double-bill of both films. First film I saw back at the cinema and it was ruined by other people in the audience on their phones.

Gambit1977

First film was a straight 10 for me. I was shocked when I'd finished this to give it a 9...couldn't stop thinking about it for a while. So good.

Coulson

Distinguished Member
Great film. Unlike the Suicide Squad the stream for this film only looked and sounded OK. I can't wait to see what the disc copy looks like and maybe more importantly what it sounds like.

mrapbp

Enjoyed this and agree with the sound and picture comments. My issue was that the film didn’t move anything forward and didn’t really tell me anything more than the first (other than the origin bits) I would have liked a movie about how the whole thing started and the crumbling of society etc, the origin bits were excellent and felt fresh and interesting. The rest a little stale.

UMAR 3:16

Can’t wait to see and hear this

rossini

I have to go the other way and say I was really disappointed with this generally bland/predictable sequel. Yes, it had a couple of good moments but overall it didn’t add anything beyond the first film which in my view is what a good/great sequel should, hence my disappointment.

Still worth watching but a 5 or 6 at best for me.

Aggrajag

hmmm I don't think I had Atmos when the first came out, maybe a re-watch and this the following night?

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Why is it that the setup AVforums use to review movies varies each time, some use an old LG b7 in combination with Pana UB820 and this review uses a Pana GZ1000 and UB420 ?

[Swaps AVforums for name of reviewer] --> [Figures our answer]

Andy3105

I loved this, it did everything I wanted it to, I was disappointed that
Djimon Hounsou wasn't in it more and a minor nitpick is that it's not an alien craft, it's actually a meteor that was originally a part of the aliens home planet....

Last edited by a moderator:

sm1ggsy

Will have to re watch I must have missed
how she got that guitar amp to work

Last edited:

sleepy1

Standard Member
I've seen neither and Mark Kermode & Simon Mayo bigged up the second film, so I think I was fully justified in pre-ordering the 4K edition of the 2-movie colloection from Amazon.

MasterOz

Standard Member
Quiet Place is a flawed concept. Remember the beginning of the first film. Parents leaves their deaf child behind when walking very quietly on the road. Why? It is a family suicide or careless scriptwriting. Because movie makers believe that not many of viewers are critical. People consume movies like KFC!

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Roku announces new Streaming Stick 4K and OS 10.5
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
T+A announces high end 200 Series audio components
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Trinnov Altitude update adds new features
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic TVs welcome Disney+