A Quiet Place 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. The no mention of monstrous bass in the Audio review section is surprising. This isi all about sound design and mixing. The sound deserves a 20/10. :)

Thanks Cas, watched this last weekend, great little film indeed, and that Atmos sound design is a thing of beauty when called upon.

Still my favourite film of the year, had this on preorder for what feels like an age.

The minute I saw that first trailer, I just knew "This film is for me!"

Last edited:
Thanks Cas. Really looking forward to this. Videobuster, who I rent from, will have this from 23rd of this month, but at the moment only offer the Blu Ray with 5.1 Sound. Often on actual release the 4K comes available, but if not it may well be one that I have to Buy just for the Dolby Atmos :)

Anyone know why Amazon are charging so much for this? Other outlets are selling it for just under £20 while Amazon have it advertised for over £31.

A Quiet Place - 4K Ultra HD

The HMV steelbook is advertised for less than what Amazon are asking for just the regular packaged disc:
A Quiet Place (hmv Exclusive) Limited Edition 4K Ultra HD Steelbook

Thanks for the review.
Odd.

But I'd wager it'll come down for when it is actually released. But its a good way to put customers off who don't want to risk it.

Thanks Cas. Really looking forward to this. Videobuster, who I rent from, will have this from 23rd of this month, but at the moment only offer the Blu Ray with 5.1 Sound. Often on actual release the 4K comes available, but if not it may well be one that I have to Buy just for the Dolby Atmos :)

The HD Blu-ray also comes with an Atmos soundtrack so you don't need the UHD version in order to access the Atmos soundtrack. This is of cause as long as the rental version doesn't differ from the commercial HD Blu-ray.

Odd.

But I'd wager it'll come down for when it is actually released. But its a good way to put customers off who don't want to risk it.

It is annoying and they have done it before with other releases. I'm a Prime member and it niggles me that I'm having to order titles elsewhere just in case Amazon do not reduce the advertised price when it comes to the release date.

I can only assume it has to do with the studio or distributor who Amazon may not have a favourable business relationship with?

The HD Blu-ray also comes with an Atmos soundtrack so you don't need the UHD version in order to access the Atmos soundtrack. This is of cause as long as the rental version doesn't differ from the commercial HD Blu-ray.

Thank you - very good to know, & I will query them come the release time (Could be they are using "Dolby Digital 5.1" as a placeholder until they actually have copies to hand)
As Cas indicated that the 4K was not a massive upgrade visually, I'm happy to go with the Blu-ray in that case :thumbsup:

It is annoying and they have done it before with other releases. I'm a Prime member and it niggles me that I'm having to order titles elsewhere just in case Amazon do not reduce the advertised price when it comes to the release date.

I can only assume it has to do with the studio or distributor who Amazon may not have a favourable business relationship with?
Could be.

Still strange it's A) so much more expensive that Zavvi and B) so much more expensive than HMV C) more expensive than a HMV steelbook?!

I'm the same as you, and such a price difference not wanting to place a pre-order. Don't like the steelbook artwork so I guess Zavvi it is despite their iffy postage times

I'm a Prime Member also but in Germany. Also have a Saturn (Big German Electronics chain) very close by me, so I can pre-order & pick up from Saturn or of course the Prime free delivery. They both Price Guarantee, so I am not locked into the price that is on it when I pre-order, & there rarely is a difference between the two. At the moment this is at EUR 27,99 on Amazon. Here, usually when you add in shipping, brand new titles pretty well come in at the same price from other outlets, I find.
Of course, there may be a hidden-gem outlet I haven't found yet! :)

To me, this felt rushed and incomplete. Don't get me wrong, I am ok with the story to take place right in the middle of the chaos, and I am ok with not having any information on how things got to the point where we see them, but the end of the movie to me felt like they ran out of time and left me disappointed. They could have done much more with it.

I'm a Prime Member also but in Germany. Also have a Saturn (Big German Electronics chain) very close by me, so I can pre-order & pick up from Saturn or of course the Prime free delivery. They both Price Guarantee, so I am not locked into the price that is on it when I pre-order, & there rarely is a difference between the two. At the moment this is at EUR 27,99 on Amazon. Here, usually when you add in shipping, brand new titles pretty well come in at the same price from other outlets, I find.
Of course, there may be a hidden-gem outlet I haven't found yet! :)

There's no additional postage charges in association with the HMV or the Zavvi advertised prices and they also have a price guarantee comparable to that of Amazon.

What is bizarre is the quite sizeable advertised price difference between what other retailers are asking and what Amazon are currently indicating. Yes, the price would be less if Amazon reduce it before shipping, but there's no assurance or guarantee that Amazon are going to reduce the price. One wonders why Amazon aren't able to offer it at the same price that other retailers appear to be able to? The title sold in the USA for prices that equate to the lower prices associated with HMV and Zavvi so it would be really odd if Amazon actually end up selling this title for more than they ordinarily charge for other UHD titles.

Thanks Cas for the great review.
Looking forward to watching this in Dolby Vision at the weekend.:thumbsup:

I was hoping you were going to review Ready Player One in DV for us. As that is waiting in my pile to watch also. But I guess we can't have you for all the new releases..:D
Although I have read elsewhere that the DV version is superior compared to the HDR10 Version and the best way to watch it apart from the 3D alternative.:p

Just to have a different view here: I did not like this. o_O

To me the 'It Comes at Night" was much more enjoyable and that movie had a great scary atmosphere which "A Quite Space" just don't. Somehow I found children actors annoying too...

To me I was like a consumer friendly "horror" and just wasn't brave or frightening enough. There is nothing more in the story that you couldn't predict. No surprises, no answers... It's about monsters who attack when you make a noise. And yes... there is a family involved as well. Sorry about spoiling. ...or did I not...? :rotfl:

But there should be something in it, that people like... So maybe i am wrong...
It is worth a try, but there are better movies in this category IMO. They just don't get enough attention.

There's no additional postage charges in association with the HMV or the Zavvi advertised prices and they also have a price guarantee comparable to that of Amazon.
Just checked Zavvi.de & they do charge 1,49 for postage. So a Quiet Place is ca. 2 € Cheaper in total, but Infinity War comes out almost identical.

Just checked Zavvi.de & they do charge 1,49 for postage. So a Quiet Place is ca. 2 € Cheaper in total, but Infinity War comes out almost identical.

I stand corrected. Zavvi charge an additional 99p for standard delivery in the UK.

If you were to stream this, would you rather:

A) Watch in Dolby Vision without Atmos
or
B) Watch in HDR10 with Atmos

If you were to stream this, would you rather:

A) Watch in Dolby Vision without Atmos
or
B) Watch in HDR10 with Atmos

B

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel