A quick Tosh 36ZP question

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by [email protected], Feb 2, 2002.

1. m@rk

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    Not wanting to start a monster thread but this question goes to all Tosh 36ZP18P owners (and 32ZP as well).

I have noticed, every now and then, the picture frame rate starts to drop and the picture becomes jerky. It is very noticable on scrolling titles be they horizontal or vertical.

Now here is the big one.

This only starts when watching ITV1 on Sky digital.

I had this on the 1st set and is the same on the new one.

Is anbody else getting this? Is it a common 'feature' :rolleyes: ?

I know of at least 5 people (who I have found on the net) who have.

More importantly, WHY does this only start when watching ITV1. What are they doing to their signal that differs from every other channel.

BTW

If you power cycle the TV, it stops doing it. I have no intention of rejecting the TV on this as I don't watch ITV very often anyway.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have noticed that the picture is sometimes jerky on ITV1 - watching Who wants to be a miilionaire tonight showed this problem, but I just put it down to the transmission. I noticed that some of the films on Sky Premier also had a jerkiness to the picture - this was just after Toshiba made a couple of modifications to my set, but I'm now on my 3rd set, so I am reasonably convinced that it is caused by some of the broadcasts. What do you mean by power cylcing the TV?

3. m@rk

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    Switch it off, count to ten then switch it back on.

If it were a PC, I would have said reboot but its a TV ;)