A quick Q for an Electrician...

p9ul

Distinguished Member
I'm hoping an Electrician can clarify something for me.

I've recently taken delivery of a new oven but the installers didn't wire it in due to height of the spur under the worktop.

the installation manual for the oven states that the top of the spur connection (not the cooker switch above the worktop) on the wall can be no higher than 130mm above floor level (ie, within the plinth).

What I'm wanting to know is if this a new regulation for all oven connections or is it likely just a specific requirement for my particular oven?

Thanks in advance.

shadybrady

Novice Member
I think this will probably be due to a recessed area at the bottom of the oven to provide clearance for the electric connections. And/or the back of the oven gets hot above 130mm and you dont want melty cables behind there.

The rules are to follow the maufacturer's instructions otherwise if something goes awry then they will blame you/your electrician for not following their guidelines.

Hope this helps.

Shady

leo79

I think this will probably be due to a recessed area at the bottom of the oven to provide clearance for the electric connections. And/or the back of the oven gets hot above 130mm and you dont want melty cables behind there.

The rules are to follow the maufacturer's instructions otherwise if something goes awry then they will blame you/your electrician for not following their guidelines.

Hope this helps.

Shady
Agreed

Not a requirement in the regs but the regs do state manufacturers instructions should always be followed.
Can you blank it off and chase a new 6mm down to the correct height?

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom