1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A quick poll - Yamaha Vs Pioneer

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by eqdreams, Nov 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. eqdreams

eqdreams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, this may sound mad - but I'm dithering between 2 receivers (or is it 3).
    I know there's a massive price difference - but would the sound quality be that noticeably different in these two?

Pioneer VSX-AX5ai
    Yamaha ax750se

Would I be wasting my money paying an extra £600 for the Pioneer, is the Yammy something that bit special and worth the few pennies it is?

Thanks for all your help!

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is a difficult question to answer you have picked 2 different amps in completely different levels of spec, Personally the Pioneer outclasses the cheaper Yamaha by quite abit and also the features of ilink are availible on the AX5 which you don't have on the 750, the power amps side aswell will probably be of better quality hence the price difference.
    If i were you i would try and get a dem of the named amps and decide for yourself.
    If you can afford to buy a AX5 you won't be dissapointed as it is a excellent av amp but then saying that you may be just as happy owning the Yamaha all down to preference and your wallet ;)

John

3. AndoverRed

AndoverRed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Dude, The Yamaha RX-v2400 or forthcoming RX-V2500 will compete better with the Pioneer.

I have recently tried the Denon 3805, Arcam AVR300, and Yamaha RX-V2400. For movies, the Yamaha rocked the house. However, the Arcam was best AV receiver overall.

I cannot speak for the Pioneer though.

Depends upon your requirements and priorities.

I would plump for the Arcam AVR300 if you have budget (£1300 list). There is 10% discount to be had on these units though.

Cheers,

Mark