1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question to any TV experts out there

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Oasis, May 27, 2001.

1. Oasis

Oasis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The problem, I think, is that the TV card is for PAL I, and Oman is PAL B or G.

The difference is in the TV transmission carier separation - the difference in carrier frequency between the vision carrier and the sound carrier - PAL I has a 6MHz separation, PAL B & G have 5.5MHz separation.

I don't know how to fix the problem, I'm afraid, but at least it might put you on the right course!

For completeness, just in case I've not identified the correct standard, the others are,

-M or -N 4.5Mhz
    -B or -G 5.5MHz
    -I 5.9996MHz (6MHz)
    -D or -K or -L 6.5MHz
    and these apply to PAL and SECAM

Hope this helps,

Oasis

2. eros

eros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I work in Oman at the moment and they use a very strange strain of PAL out here. I recently brought back a Pinnacle tv card from the UK and the picture was fine but no sound. If I fine tuned it I could get clear sound but no picture. I tried all the different formats that the software offered to no avail. Does anyone know whats going on here? And is their a card on the market that can solve the problem? People are using multi-system tv's out here without problems.
    PS some of the channels are VHF and some UHF if that helps.

Cheers!