A question on legacy upscaling / switching

pmarb

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Not sure which section to put my question in so thought i'd try here for a start.

I'm trying to think of a cost effective solution for legacy component/digital dvd inputs (x4) to hdmi 1080p output

Separate units seem to add up quickly e.g. component to hdmi converters then hdmi switch and then video scaler

Would an older receiver work e.g. Yamaha RX-X1067 or Rotel 1069, so component/digital in and then upscaled 1080p along with audio output throught the hdmi out which I can then feed into an input into my processor

or is the upscaling in these receivers not very good?

thanks in advance

Tony

Last edited:
Hi Jase, thanks for your reply - yes a lumagen would work , I was hoping for a cheaper option (£120-£150) :)

Hi Jase, thanks for your reply - yes a lumagen would work , I was hoping for a cheaper option (£120-£150) :)

Ah, maybe an older Lumagen would do the trick or even one of the Iscan/DVDO processors.

Could also be worth looking at some of the older Onkyo AVR's that had the Silicon Optix Reon HQV Video Processor or even the big Denons with the Realta HQV Chip. They may be a bit more than £150 though.

Last edited:
Another very well regarded video processor (and 1080P upscaler) was Analog Devices' Anchor Bay ABT2010 that featured on some AVRs just before the Aventage range was launched. These AVRs will probably be north of £200 though as they were only on the higher end models.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom