A question for Lazyboy cool chair owners.

Jules

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of ordering a Lazyboy cool chair tomorrow. Probably from AVSales as they seem to have a good reputation on here.

However, before I take the plunge, can anyone tell me if the built in refridgeration unit makes a hum/buzz like a kitchen fridge? If it does it would probably put me off..... how does it work?

I've seen the model without bells and whistles for a few hundred cheaper, so I'm getting hesitant! help!

On a similar note,does anyone know if avsales sell the chair without all the cooler/massager/phone gubbins?
Ta very much.

edit:Am I correct in thinking that the Gibson recliner is the same model with all the comfort but without all the gubbins

I have the lazy boy cool chair,never notice any noise when using my fridge.Saying that i've only probably turned it on twice.Check with avsales that the one there selling is the 10 system massager,which is the latest version?I'm sure i read on there site that they are selling the 6 massage chair.

I think it's worth the money,lovely and comfortable.Usally fall a sleep in mine whilst watching films. :oops:

Thanks for that.

When you say 6 point as opposed to 10 point massager... does that mean the massage area is smaller or there are just fewer programmes. Does it make a difference?
Incidentally I've found it cheaper here

I'll contact AVSales anyway to confirm if its the updated version. I'd rather buy from a retailer with a good reputation.

I got 4 Lazyboy Matinee chairs from AV Sales and they are excellent.
They are the ones without the fridge, massager, phone etc but they do recline.
There is very little noise from the reclining motors.
http://www.avforums.com/sdw/picturehouse5.html

Thanks guys.
I've just placed an order with AVSales for a LazyBoy Cool Chair. :clap:

The Matinee chairs look nice but they're built for rows of seats aren't they?
I can only afford 1 luxury chair at the moment, and the cool chair looks the most comfortable.
Maybe in a year or so, I'll buy another one!

Never ordered furniture on-line before... feels a bit weird!!
Anyone recently ordered one of these from AVSales and know roughly what the turn-around time is at the moment?

Jules said:
Anyone recently ordered one of these from AVSales and know roughly what the turn-around time is at the moment?

When i came to order mine av-sales had a 6 week wait,thats the only reason i went somewhere else.Did you find out if the chair is the new model?
You will love it very comfortable,only ever use the gadgets on the chair once or twice a month though.
:rolleyes:

They said they would be ordering it from LazyBoy, so I presumed on that basis they'll be sending whatever is the current model. I didn't ask specifically about the 6 /10 point massager thingy.

Anyway, having never once tried a massaging chair I'm sure I won't notice whether its 6 or 10 point anyway.

Can't wait now.... thanks for the 'comforting' words :rolleyes: .

You will love the chair,very comfortable.Also if you have a young lady in your life she will love the chairs,whether it's 6 or 10 massager. :blush:

Jules have you recived your lazy boy?

no... 4 weeks to go unfortunately!

Doesn't bother me too much though, as I'm working solid until 1st week of Feb. Delivery then would actually be much more convenient.

Still, can't wait... and I'm saving up a few DVD's for its arrival.

im digging this thread up as im thinking about geting a lazy boy, ive seen a few on ebay at a good price from a good seller.
Did you ever get yours jules

Yes, but it's been in the garage wrapped up for over 12 months.
I hardly ever used it.

The reason... it's so damn comfortable that it's impossible to watch a film through to the end.

I don't recommend them for cinema rooms.. you'll just end up falling asleep on it.

really, ok maybe i need a re-think

Yes, but it's been in the garage wrapped up for over 12 months.
I hardly ever used it.

The reason... it's so damn comfortable that it's impossible to watch a film through to the end.

I don't recommend them for cinema rooms.. you'll just end up falling asleep on it.

Have to agree, i ended up selling mine after 6 months.:(

i really fancied one too, i have had alterations done to the size of the room and the 2 seater i planned on getting would be a waste of space, what about the quality of the lazy boy??

I don't have a vast experience of arm chairs and sofas, but I think the cool chair is very well made. There's certainly not a hint of sagging in the seat and the recliner mechanism seams very robust.

The arms can flop about a bit though.... but then how else would you get access to the fridge?

so the arms dont click into place? they just rest there?

These are just to comfortable to watch film in.

Once you lay back lift the recliner, your gone :boring::boring::boring::boring:

Don't think i ever finished a film.:rotfl:

lol, i think i will get one though, just cant be bothered with something from dfs and would rather get one and not regret ever buying it, i can get one for ÂŁ795

lol, i think i will get one though, just cant be bothered with something from dfs and would rather get one and not regret ever buying it, i can get one for ÂŁ795

Great price, paid over ÂŁ1k when i got mine.:thumbsup:

Sure your enjoy it.

Let us know how you get on.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom