A question for Joe Fernand And Liam

Ratoban

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
may seem a stupid question but, i am going to demo a few plasma`s including the Panny series 5 and was wondering if you could recommend any dvd`s that would cause the "flicker " that has been talked about.
I know the 6 is on the way but the price of the 5 @ present makes it worthwhile seeing if i could live with it.
Thanks
Rob.

You dont' need any particular DVD, just find ANY bright scene. The whiter the better.. Even the screen saver will do.

To see the flicker, look at the screen out of the corner of your eye, or scan your eye quickly across the screen from left to right.

Jon

I have to say though, that even though I am making a lot of noise about this 'flicker' problem, its no where near as bad as you might think.

I am sensitive to flicker and can see it, but most people who have seen my plasma can't understand what I am going on about.

I certainly wouldn't NOT buy one because of it.. Sure, I would love it to be slightly less flickery, but I have never regretted buying my screen!

I have Tosh PW27 (rebadged panny 5 series) and I can't see any flicker at all!

I guess, people just need to see the screen for themselves.

Thanks for the input, i guess i`m just worrying about something i`ve never witnessed.
As you both know spending this kind of money on a plasma is scary yet exciting, however my cupboards are stuffed full of things that didn`t quite cut it........(minidisc, cheap speakers ....just the usual stuff).:blush:
Rob

I know what you mean. Don't be put off by anything people say about the Series 5 model.. Its fantastic.. Although, if I didn't have one and was in the market for one, I admit I woudl be tempted to wait a few months to see what the Series 6 is like.

Saying that, I am sure you will get some amazing bargins for the Series 5, so its may be a good time to buy.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom