Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

A question about TFTs with TV tuners

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by gpender, Mar 22, 2005.

1. gpender

gpender
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A month or so ago I asked the question whether a graphics card could display 2 Different resolutions in clone mode and have the overlay from a software dvd player, showing on both screens at the same time......

It seemed when all was said and done that by using VMR9 you could have the overlay on both screens at the same time....but through testing it would seem it can not be done if the screens are different resolutions :(

However, I've noticed that some TFTs with TV tuners, despite the fact the panel might have a native resolution of 1280*768, states that they are HDTV, 720p, 1080i compatible :confused: .......does this mean that there's a scaler in the unit that is scaling down these resolutions to 1280*768...
    If this is the case then surely my original problem's solved, as I could just set the resolution on my HTPC to match that of my CRT projector, safe in the knowledge that the TFT will just deal with it....I realise that, in this situation, the TFT is miles away from being 1:1 mapped, but it wouldn't really matter for me as this is very much a secondary display...

Am I understanding this right? Or am I even more confused.

Presumably, if I have understood this correctly, I'd have to hook the tft with tuner up to the computer via component instead of dvi/vga (I'm guessing the scaler side of things would only be on the TV inputs?)

Thanks in advance :)