1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question about switching aspect ration on LCD screens

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by blackjane, Jul 20, 2005.

1. blackjane

blackjane
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in the market for an 37" LCD, or will be later in the year, and am trying to do as much research as possible before the time comes to take the plunge.

A feature I've always liked with CRT TV's and attached equipment is the ability to automatically switch to the correct aspect ratio (4:3, 16:9 etc.) depending upon the signal being broadcast.

I have an eye on the new 56/58 Toshiba range, which appears to have the 'Super Live' facility, which is a reasonable compromise but nowhere as good as having the picture switch automatically to the correct aspect ratio.

In short, what would be the best way for me to ensure that I can have automatic switching for my Sky+ / DVD player with the Tosh, or would I be better off with another brand? :lease:

2. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    I'd be surprised if the Toshibas didn't switch the ratio properly. I know Sony and Samsung LCDs do it properly.

3. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Philips 9986 doesn't :thumbsdow

4. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Ouch... does anyone know if it switches ratio on the S-Video input? S2 standard S-Video input carries this information.