• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

a question about sky+

spinner

yep this will probably seem like a pretty dumb question but here goes...

if i bought a sky + box off e bay (or other web site,shop whatever) if i got a free view card would the hard drive work with a freeview card or will i need to pay sky to unlock it?
thanks for any advice

dwhite

Distinguished Member
To use the recording facility of SKy+ you need to subscribe to at least 1 mix (£17pm) or pay sky £10pm to use it to record non-subcription channels.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
To use the recording facility of SKy+ you need to subscribe to at least 1 mix (£17pm) or pay sky £10pm to use it to record non-subcription channels.

The £10 per month option is only open to those downgrading from a subscription account it is NOT open to new or existing FreesatFromSky card holders. There is no way to add any form of Sky subscription (except possibly Setanta) to a genuine FSFS card.

Last edited:

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
The £10 per month option is only open to those downgrading from a subscription account it is NOT open to new or existing FreesatFromSky card holders.

This is brand new news to me. So, an original FSFS card will never be able to use Sky+ capabilities whereas an expired/cancelled card can, (for £10/mo)?

So if the OP were to buy a Sky+ box off e-Bay, with a cancelled viewing card, he could purchase, (£10/mo), Sky+ capabilities?

Neil

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
See also here
In theory no-one should be able to obtain a Sky card (expired or not) from anywhere except Sky and ebay will not allow the sale of them.
It is clearly stated on the card
"This card is the property of Sky Subscriber Services Ltd. and must be returned upon request"

It was purely a rhetorical question...........

Neil

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom