Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

A question about Q-Sync

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Sierix, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Sierix

Sierix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having visited the local Seven Oaks (umm, no demos there either :() the chap in there suggested I do the following:

Pass the DVD, Sky box and the PS2 through a Quintro scart changer (so I may have lots of inputs to one output) and then output to a Q-Sync.

Then run one long 15pin D-Sub lead to the projector from the Q-Sync lead/box thingy.

This is to apparently clean up the image of the Sky box. The cable is £150. I am under the understanding it is a v-sync/h-sync thang to make the images a lot less blurry as the output from the quintro box is RGB (scart or RCA). This is all a litle confusing really - even after reading lots on the web :blush:

I already have the Quintro box (which is cool) - so before I fork out £150 on a lead (as I am buying all the extras for the PJ before the PJ to spread the cost a little), does this all sound on the level to anyone here please?

Also is the overall idea of running a very long 15pin D-Sub lead to watch DVDs, Sky and play PS2 to the PJ a good idea too please?

(FYI - The Panny AE300 & X1 are at the top of my current PJs list, hopefully I will get to demo a few)

cheers

2. Sierix

Sierix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What exactly are the forum rules about bumping a thread please? :D