Question A question about long term projector brightness

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by DannyBoy1, Apr 2, 2016.

?
  1. buy cheap bulbs more regularly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. buy a top of the range bulb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DannyBoy1

DannyBoy1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I've got a sony hw-10 it's on it's 4th bulb in about 7 years(i don't have a tv so it get's a lot of use) when i change the buildb brightness is always excellent for a few hundred how and then gradually gets worse, to the point where by 1000 hrs dark scenes mean pretty much all ambient lighting needs to be off which is a pain.
    I think ideally i'd get a laser projector but they're just too expensive, am i better off accepting this problems and just replacing build more frequently or are there projectors out there circa £2,000 that are going to be genuinely brighter for significantly longer?
    Also i've tried generic bulbs(about £80), and official bulbs in generic housing(about £130), i've not tried an official bulb as they're about £250 and the projector would only be worth about £400 now i reckon.
    I can totally control the lighting in my living room but i like having the lights for general viewing/gaming and only really turn it into a bat cave for the odd movie.
    Should i but a more expensive build or upgrade my projector.