1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question about LCD (Sanyo) versus DLP (4805).

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by eurytus, Jul 18, 2005.

1. eurytus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hello all, this forum seems a really helpful place and I have a question I hope someone can help me with. I want to get a projector, the problem is that it is really hard to see them running where I am based (Aberdeen).
    I have managed to see a Screenplay 4805 running and that seemed really nice. Although I did not have a long demo I think that I did not see any rainbows. However despite that I am still not keen on DLP projectors because I want to be able to show my new toy off (as you would) and I hate the thought that each person I show it to could be unable to see it due to the problems associated with rainbows.

Although I am aware the LCD is not without its problems (screendoor, greyed out blacks etc) I think those problems at least still allow you to watch the thing without getting headaches. I would rather accept a sightly worse picture than the possibility of people not being able to watch it at all.

Now to my problem. I have been totally unable to see an LCD projector running. The one I am interested in is the Sanyo PLZ-3 (?) and I would like to know how the picture would compare to the 4805 so I have a base point to start my decision making process from.
    I know you should demo a projector but that looks to be difficult at present and I would like to see some answers to this question before I decide if it is worth my while trying, somehow, to get a demo of the Sanyo.