A question about dubbing from HDD to DVD on JVC DR-MH30

O

Old Fogey

Why is it that some HDD recordings that I have made will copy to a DVD-R at 8x speed but the great majority will only copy at 1x speed - never anything in between such as 2x or 4x? All my HDD recordings are made with the SP setting and the DVD-Rs I use are Datasafe 8x printable discs. I use the High Speed Dubbing option because, quite frankly, I cannot see from the manual's description of Just Dubbing and Manual Dubbing any reason to use either of those techniques. But perhaps the wisdom of this Forum will show me the error of my ways!

sequin

Standard Member
I have exactly the same problem with my MH200S - I read another post somewhere that suggests that high speed dubbing only works for stuff that has not been edited - I keep meaning to try it out - record a program, then dub it, then chop off a bit, then try dubbing again. One day I'll get round to it.

The other thing I don't like about the dubbing on my JVC is the fact that you can't switch over to the TV output while it is in progress, so have to watch the progress bar creeping up as it dubs! I've taken to unplugging the Scart cable between the recorder and TV while it's working

JayCee

Distinguished Member
sequin said:
The other thing I don't like about the dubbing on my JVC is the fact that you can't switch over to the TV output while it is in progress, so have to watch the progress bar creeping up as it dubs! I've taken to unplugging the Scart cable between the recorder and TV while it's working
That's nothing to do with the DVDR...you need to switch your TV from its input AV source (in this case your DVDR) to its tuner input...usually by pressing a TV or Prog up button...report back with the TV Make/Model no if you still have a problem.

sequin

Standard Member
sequin said:
I have exactly the same problem with my MH200S - I read another post somewhere that suggests that high speed dubbing only works for stuff that has not been edited - I keep meaning to try it out - record a program, then dub it, then chop off a bit, then try dubbing again. One day I'll get round to it.
I've just tried it with a 1 hr program I recorded last night - with no editing it dubbed in 8 minutes. Chopping the adverts off front and back, it then said it would take 58 minutes to dub

O

Old Fogey

Thanks, Sequin, that must be it. I usually delete the odd minutes that VideoPlus captures before and after a programme but probably didn't on the ones that dubbed at truly high speed. Strange, though, what possible reason can there be for JVC building in such a limitation?

sequin

Standard Member
A reply from JVC Tech support about the "feature" - I asked why, they just told me you can't do it, which I already knew!:mad:

Unfortunately high speed dubbing from HDD to DVD with JVC combi recorders will not operate if the material has been edited on the Hard Disk Drive.

It is not possible to high speed record when any HDD editing has been made.

JVC (U.K.) Ltd
Customer Service Dept.
Kevin Apple

Top Bottom