A quarter of iPhone Users will consider switching to Samsung Galaxy S4

hodg100

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
And they should target men of certain vintage

As Samsung gears up to launch the Galaxy S4 tonight (14th March), research from VoucherCodes.co.uk reveals that while Apple is still well ahead as the nation’s favourite handset, 25 per cent of iOS users will consider switching to the next Samsung offering when it launches.

Tech savvy consumers are likely to lap up the new "floating touch" display and 13 megapixel camera rumoured to be features of the new Samsung Galaxy S4, but the research suggests the manufacturer still has a way to go to keep the consumers that it’s converted. Apple and Blackberry fans enjoy the biggest brand loyalty, with three in five iOS users (59 per cent) stating they’ll stick with an Apple device and three in ten Blackberry users (30 per cent) claiming they’ll continue to use Blackberry handsets.

attachment.php

In the battle to attract new customers, Samsung should focus its efforts on marketing to those aged 45-54, says VoucherCodes, 69 per cent of whom plan to switch to the brand at their next handset purchase. Men are also a prime target for the brand with 50 per cent of men saying they’d consider purchasing the next Samsung offering.

While Apple still enjoy the lion’s share of mobile shopping traffic, the latest figures to VoucherCodes website show a 24 per cent increase in traffic coming to the site from Samsung devices in 2012, suggesting the Korean tech giant is gaining ground on its biggest rival.

Attachments

• ip4.jpg
    ip4.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 754
With apple and blackbery you're stuck with one brand of phone to use your eco system(apps). With Other brands (Android OS) you have a range of handsets (+ brands) to choose from.
Wait till Apple forks off for a range of handsets.

With apple and blackbery you're stuck with one brand of phone to use your eco system(apps). With Other brands (Android OS) you have a range of handsets (+ brands) to choose from.
Wait till Apple forks off for a range of handsets.

I work with mobile phones and have done for over 10 years. I've had everything you can imagine, most brands, most types of handsets and operating systems etc.

My first apple phone was the iPhone 4. Since owning one I've not had the urge to change to anything else but upgrade to whatever's next from Apple. From a mobile device the things I want are calls, texts, emails, camera, smooth reliable software and a good quality handset build. The iPhone has all of these to an extremely high level. I'm very happy with my iPhone 5 and at the moment have no plans to change something that works perfectly for me.

I understand the other sides of the market as I deal with them all day long, 6 days a week. Everyone is different. Everyone's unique. Anyway my main reason for starting ths was because you put, apple and blackberry users are stuck with one brand. It sounds like you're saying it in a negative way and for me its really not.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony BRAVIA 9 Mini LED TV: The Best HDR TV EVER?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom