A problem with optical.

Leighboyuk

Standard Member
Been trying to hook my 360 up to my JVC TH-A10R DVD/home cinema kit. The optical goes into the rear of the 360, then into the DBS or MD optical in, but I get no sound.
I've set the 360 up for optical, and i've selected MD and DBS optical on the system, still, nothing?!

Picture of the inputs:
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/8540/dd51vbn3.jpg

HELP!!

Leighboyuk

Standard Member
Anyone? Please?!

Mattk84

Banned
how can you plug optical in the back of your 360 ? surely,you need a cable that contains an optical input such as the monster cable that i use.

oasismark

Distinguished Member
If you got the premuim pack, the tv cable that came with it has optical output built into it.

This one is not the officeal one but shows where optical output is.

Jamiewalshe

Novice Member
im assuming he means the back of the official component cable, the standard cable with the premium.

have you tried ringing jvc support? (at a last option i guess)

would the md and dbs only allow minidisc player and dbs tuners to go in?
a quick look on the manual doesnt suggest the ability to connect anything else, ie it doesnt mention connecting something else that outputs a dolby digital signal (xbox or dvd player etc)

Can your optical input accept DD? - I was under the impression that a MD input would be expecting a PCM signal.

hottstuff

Banned
Yes i think your player would not accept a DD input through optical.
I have the TH-S66 and this has DD input capabilities.

BazMan

I have my 360 optical cable connected to my MD/Tape input (on a Sony STR-DB895D) and seem to get DD sound no problem :confused:

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
you could try looking at the Audio Settings in System Blade>Console Settings>Audio just goto "Digital Output" and try DD 5.1 if that dont work try Digital Stereo this should determin if u can do the DD signal ok but if it does not work on either then it may be a naf optical cable and you could try using one from an appliance that is currently working.

Leighboyuk

Standard Member
Mattk84 said:
how can you plug optical in the back of your 360 ? surely,you need a cable that contains an optical input such as the monster cable that i use.
Thats what I ment as in the rear. I have the joytech RGB scart cable that has the optical input.

Leighboyuk

Standard Member
Jamiewalshe said:
im assuming he means the back of the official component cable, the standard cable with the premium.

have you tried ringing jvc support? (at a last option i guess)

would the md and dbs only allow minidisc player and dbs tuners to go in?
a quick look on the manual doesnt suggest the ability to connect anything else, ie it doesnt mention connecting something else that outputs a dolby digital signal (xbox or dvd player etc)
My dad is a sales manager for JVC (lol), thats how I got the system. Its an ex-demo he brought home for me without a manuel and box.
He told me it should work, but it doesn't lol.
Its a 2000(year) system.