A Private War Review & Comments

Some films shouldn't be easy.

This is also available on apple iTunes US account, that’s where I bought and watched it.

Probably a 7 ish from me.

The reviewer is spot on with the biographical/documentary comments as thats what it felt like to me.

Great central performance though but i do like Pike.

Must watch Gone Girl again soon :love:

Hi,
Respect to Barnaby Jones for his views on the movie but personally I could not wait for it to finish.
Rosamund Pike is a stunningly accomplished actress but I fear was poorly cast in this.
Unfortunately it would only rate a six for me, I genuinely hope other Forum members enjoy it more than I did.

She should of worn a helmet out in the field, no protection bound to come in harms way.
Movie was okay, one view, move on to the next

I served twice in Iraq, winter 2004 and summer 2006 (telic 5&8) and then summer 2007 in Afghanistan (herrick 6), all the press we had with us had full body armour and helmets on, insane really to think she didn't always wear it, doesn't make you tough or brave, just stupid.

I served twice in Iraq, winter 2004 and summer 2006 (telic 5&8) and then summer 2007 in Afghanistan (herrick 6), all the press we had with us had full body armour and helmets on, insane really to think she didn't always wear it, doesn't make you tough or brave, just stupid.

Nearly all the press in Iraq & Afghanistan were embedded,she was not,she was in Syria at her own risk.
Plus a lot of the old style journalist feel,that dressing like a soldier,full body armour and helmets,is in some cases your more likely to be mistaken for a soldier,rather than a journalist.
Martin Bell the famous BBC war reporter,would often cover conflict in a old batted suit.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom