A potentially dumb question, but answer needed!

MJ10

Standard Member
Reaction score
OK, so I just received the Samsung T220HD... it is a SWEET machine! (Plus I got it free, which makes it so much better!)

Any way... I've got it working on the PC fine but I want to use the TV too. Here comes the dumb question:

Do I need an aerial going into the Monnitor or is there one built in? Will it work with an indoor aerial? Can you recomend a very good one at a cheap price??

(I'm in a rented room if that helps, so I don't want a roof aerial!)

Many thanks in advance!

The 220HD is a monitor so, doesn't have a built in TV tuner. You'll need to get a TV tuner card for your PC if you want to watch TV channels through it.

Paul

The Samsung T220HD comes with built in DTV (Freeview), it's the T220 that doesn't.

Unless every website lies??!!

You don't get "built-in" TV aerials - so yes you'll need to connect one yourself. Inside aerials generally aren't very good, especially if you live in an area with poor Freeview reception. You can check your postcode online to see what it's like in your area.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
The Samsung T220HD comes with built in DTV (Freeview), it's the T220 that doesn't.

Unless every website lies??!!
My mistake mate, looks like I saw the specs for the non 'HD' version. :oops:

As has been mentioned, you need an antenna and unless you're very near a transmitter mast, a roof top aerial will be needed.

You could try the one that you've linked, it's not a lot of money to spend if it doesn't work.

Paul

Thanks guys

Oh, and I'm in Guildford and OfCom says the nearest mast is Guildford! Yay!

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom