Question A potential 3.1 setup?

madbuyer111

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, i could do with some expert advice please.

I have recently had a kitchen refurbished and will be running the following:

42in Panasonic with poor in built sound quality
Denon AV receiver with ps4, sky, xbox etc. connected

In the past i have ran a Tannoy 5.1 system but will have to do away with the front 2 surround speakers because of space and access.

So, what i was hoping to do is keep the subwoofer and just run 2 rear speakers and a centre under the TV.
My only concern is that my centre speaker (tannoy EFX) is too weak? my budget to replace this is quite low so would have to buy 2nd hand if this would be the best way to go, ideally i want something to emulate the sound of a centre and front 2 speakers in 1 speaker

thanks in advance.

Hi, i could do with some expert advice please.

I have recently had a kitchen refurbished and will be running the following:

42in Panasonic with poor in built sound quality
Denon AV receiver with ps4, sky, xbox etc. connected

In the past i have ran a Tannoy 5.1 system but will have to do away with the front 2 surround speakers because of space and access.

So, what i was hoping to do is keep the subwoofer and just run 2 rear speakers and a centre under the TV.
My only concern is that my centre speaker (tannoy EFX) is too weak? my budget to replace this is quite low so would have to buy 2nd hand if this would be the best way to go, ideally i want something to emulate the sound of a centre and front 2 speakers in 1 speaker

thanks in advance.

I think that's called a soundbar....

I may have a solution. What's your budget?

I was thinking of a soundbar but wanted it to be connected directly to my receiver. Would this be better than getting a something like a tannoy Mercury

or would i be better with the speakers on a shelf. Centre, front left and front right side by side?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom