• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

A post I was reading got deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizza

Prominent Member
A guy posted expressing his concerns why threads critical of some cable manufactureres got closed by mods, I didn't see anything wrong wth it, why was it deleted? Can someone kindly explain?

Rizza

alexs2

Distinguished Member
In reply to this....

The questions being raised over the differences between cables in both objective and subjective terms have been discussed at immense length over many,many threads here,and whilst almost all start out amicably enough,the usual course of events is for bickering to set in soon after,resulting in the thread being weeded of ill-tempered replies and often closed thereafter.

For an exhaustive compendium of members views on the topic,this would be a good start.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338158&highlight=cables+debate+evidence

After this,a search on cables and sound etc will produce a wealth of varying but polarised(pun intended) replies.

In reply to CJROSS's question elsewhere in this forum,it's simply not the case that when someone questions the validity of objective Vs subjective data,that the thread is closed.

Both myself and IanJ have spent huge amounts of time keeping increasingly bad-tempered threads open,once the battle lines between the objective and subjective camps are drawn.
It will also be clear from reading those threads,that on each occasion,ample opportunity has been given to enable those contributing to post in a polite fashion prior to any changes/deletions etc being made.

This is not to say that reasoned,good tempered debate is not permitted...it always has been,and will continue to be,but when a thread has run it's course and the end result is a bickering match,then it may well be closed to prevent more of the same.

Evidence,both subjective and objective is always welcome.

Rizza

Prominent Member
I hardly visit this forum so I was unaware of the 'history', but thanks for taking the time to explain.

Rizza

alexs2

Distinguished Member
I hardly visit this forum so I was unaware of the 'history', but thanks for taking time to explain.

Rizza

No problems....I'll now close this and leave it,as this forum is probably not the best place for this!

All the best,and Happy Xmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom