1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A poor mans widescreen?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by electrify_dizz, Aug 19, 2005.

1. electrify_dizz

electrify_dizz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Following my brother a-level results, hes finally decided to head off to uni. Foolishly, I told my brother he can take my TV with him to uni (I feel my TV is missing the student life. All the use for daytime TV and computer games! It got me through it, and who am I to deny a TV its rightful place in a student home?) So, I need to find a replacement.

Now, being a recent grad, as you can imagine, my wage aint great. So, I'm looking for a new TV, definately a widescreen, for under £300.

My needs arent massive: TV, PS2, and DVD's. I'd like the screen to be of a reasonable quality, as I love my films - but it doesn't need to work with progressive scan etc as I'm not that far down he road - Multi region Tosh and a Marantz surround amp and eltax speakers - so Im still very much in the budget zone!

Any recommendations of TV and websites/shops to buy from?

Ta like!

2. Neiliboy

Neiliboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You didnt specify the size but pricerunner brings up the Philips 28DW6559 for £299 - its rated 10/10 in the review at the top of this page

HTH

Neil