A Plasma killer

laurie

Standard Member
This new Sharp set could give plasma a run for its money there are plans for smaller size 36" sets shortly some brief specs
Here is a little spec of the unit
1. 1920 x 1080P Resolution
2. 12 Millisecond responce time [ I believe the best now is 16!!]
3. Improved Brightness
4. 450 Cdm
5. 800:1 Contrast Ratio

http://www.carltonaudiovisual.com.au/sharp/lc45gd4u.php
thanks to DA from DBA

cheers laurie

Galaxy

The resolution is the only good feature at present surely?

no doubt within a year or so the brigthness and contrast will be a match for todays Plasmas, but then of course todays Plasmas will be old hat and tomorrows will be even better, isn't it fun this leaps and bounds technology lark? LOL

mikedown

Standard Member
i read somewhere that sony's got a 45" lcd on the way ......but can u imagine what the b#stard is going to cost!!!!

deman77

Standard Member
that's great for having a huge PC screen
but it will be interesting to see how all that resolution deals with SD signal, because so far even lower resolution LCDs have very poor interpolation results.
response times are all about how you count them. I wouldn't get too excited until some people have seen it in action.

Nabs

Novice Member
talking about large screen lcds - did anyone check out the loewe ones at the Bristol show - how were they - i did not make it to the show but am dying to know

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
Originally posted by deman77
that's great for having a huge PC screen
but it will be interesting to see how all that resolution deals with SD signal, because so far even lower resolution LCDs have very poor interpolation results.
response times are all about how you count them. I wouldn't get too excited until some people have seen it in action.
Very good point deman77, but, with the new iScan HD (with us end of next week) being able to send out 1080P, and if the response times are anything to go, by this could be quite a result for those with deep pockets!

Of course from an average viewing distance i'm not sure that that many people could see the difference between a 1080 line display and a 720 line one....

Koing

Standard Member
blah my lcd does 1920x1200 already. Nie 23" Sony 16:10 ratio screeen. Good for pc usage and dvd.

Koing