A Plague Tale: Innocence (PS5) - Surround Sound Issues

Doctor Hades

Added and donwload this game for the PS5 from PSN+ a few weeks ago and started to play it over the weekend.

I'm enjoying it so far but the game seems to have a weird issue on my setup which is that the dialogue is almost impossible to hear during the cutscenes when I set the Audio to Surround Sound in the in-game options. This is the correct setting as my PS5 is connected to my Sony 5.1 surround sound system via my TV's optical out and using DTS audio. This works perfectly for every other game and in-game I can hear the character dialogue between the two siblings perfectly fine but as soon as there's a cutscene the dialogue volume drops and I can only hear the music.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Note that the game defaults to Soundbar etc for the Audio but on my PS5 this results in echoey audio that doesn't sound quite right but the cutscenes otherwise do play fine and I hear the dialogue. The other two (of four) options are TV Speaker and Headphones, both of which also have the same low dialogue volume issue in cutscenes.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom