A Pioneer Kuro is still better than ANY lcd or led 4k set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texasjack

Ex Member
Reaction score
I just don't think a backlit screen set can compete with a self-illuminating pixel set such as plasma and OLED. A Kuro or high end plasma will still have better black levels than any lcd or led as well as better motion tracking. I think a Kuro is hard to beat as far as producing a beautiful natural looking image that replicates what you would see out of your own eyeballs. Many new sets have a very over-processed looking picture with too much color saturation and a generally overblown look. I describe HDR as an HD version of real life. HDR produces a sharp and impressive picture, however, it can look unnatural and not true to life being that it has a very distinctive look to it, example below.
Kuro screenshots:
Official Pioneer Kuro Pictures Thread....... - Page 291 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
HDR screenshots:
Show us your screenshots!! - Page 100 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Which more closely represents what you would actually see out of your own eyeballs in your opinion?

Last edited:
I have issues with Zimbalo's pictures and with some HDR too, they look as you say over processed and fake, especially that Zimbalo's stuff as he feeds his picture through some
processing bit of kit and they look just wrong.

Last edited:
Totally agree

Thread Locked
@Texasjack please stick to the threads you have already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom