Quantcast

A piece of history: The Pioneer 506 XDE

rubberducker

Novice Member
Im been out of the loop in looking at current plasma's and LCD's. I just wondered how the older Pioneer 506 screen cut the mustard these days.

Its what I have and I see they are worth next to nothing these days. Are the current Pioneer's THAT MUCH better? I'm after a 1080p screen and there seems to be so much choice.

Currently eyeing a second hand 5000ex, and wondered if I would see much difference?

Advice and opinions appreciated.

Last edited:

bladedripper

Distinguished Member
I would not bother with the 5000EX as they have poor blacks and suffer image retention,id be looking at the pioneer 509/krp or high end panasonics as a good upgrade.:smashin:

rubberducker

Novice Member
I would not bother with the 5000EX as they have poor blacks and suffer image retention,id be looking at the pioneer 509/krp or high end panasonics as a good upgrade.:smashin:
hi pete

i noticed you have commented a few times on the Pioneer 5000EX. Have you had a bad experience with it?

ozzzy189

dreadful blacks prior 508/428 kuro introduction. it's only now that they look so bad because things have moved on a lot. Buy latest panny or krp/5090 if you can get one. i did see a 436 recently and couldn't believe how sharp it was, pio never managed to equal that set for sharpness in my eyes.