1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A pa or speakers for music

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by ewin, Sep 19, 2004.

1. ewin

ewin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My wife has a dance troupe and we need some sort of music set up that would be loud enough to hear outside or in a large hall.
    We were looking at disco speakers and amps ,but have not got a clue on what to get.
    Had a look in maplin website seen some things but clued up on it.
    Could anyone help on what to get and how much to spend.
    We need a good set of loudspeakers.highpowered amp with inputs of cd player etc.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    IMO you would be better off with a PA setup - and I should know as I have the AV equipment as in my sig below and also run a PA company part time and have spent many hours behind a mixing desk running PA from smal halls up to the Royal Albert Hall in London (only helping another sound engineer, but still :) ).
    PA systems are not designed to give great quality but do give the power required to go loud. HiFi tends to be more quality without the sheer volume when in a large room/hall. Out doors a HiFi setup would just be lost.

There is so much PA gear out there so take a look at the following PA suppliers web sites to get some ideas:

www.digitalvillage.co.uk
    www.turnkey.co.uk

Mark.

3. andrew1810

andrew1810

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I don't know if you are still looking but I have just listed some ex-studio speakers on ebay which may be perfect for you.

They are very loud but unlike PA systems, they also have excellent treble so you can actually hear the music rather than just the bass :D

If you are interested, they are listed here:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5723022753&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I hope this is within the rules, if not, my apologies

Andrew