A Nightmare on Elm Street Revival (TBA)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Looks like New Line are to bring Freddy Krueger back!

Jackie Earle never convinced in the 2010 remake.

David Leslie Johnson (Orphan, The Counjuring 2) has been tapped to write.

How about getting James Wan on this, or too predictable. But finding the right person to play the dream demon is key. Any thoughts on a female Freddie, switch it up a bit.

Last edited:
Oh god. How about trying to come up with some new iconic horror villains.

Is Katie Hopkins available?

That would be far too frightening. I'd nominate her to take a central (i.e in the middle) role in Human Centipede 4 though.

(In sense this is her career already)

Looks like New Line are to bring Freddy Krueger back!

Jackie Earle never convinced in the 2010 remake.

David Leslie Johnson (Orphan, The Counjuring 2) has been tapped to write.

How about getting James Wan on this, or too predictable. But finding the right person to play the dream demon is key. Any thoughts on a female Freddie, switch it up a bit.
It's almost laughable how shameless the studios are with their frequency of reboots. Latest film doesn't work/flops? Not to worry, we'll give it three years and try again. I'm sure nobody will notice...;)

The only plus point of ANOES 2010 is the lovely Rooney Mara.

Oh god. How about trying to come up with some new iconic horror villains.

Has that happened much in the last 20 years? Pretty much every iconic horror villain has been from before then.
Ghostface and Jigsaw, if you stretch it out a year or two, are the closest I can bring to mind, but they're hardly a Michael Myers or Norman Bates.

Has that happened much in the last 20 years? Pretty much every iconic horror villain has been from before then.
Ghostface and Jigsaw, if you stretch it out a year or two, are the closest I can bring to mind, but they're hardly a Michael Myers or Norman Bates.
I'd take their original films over more Halloween, Psycho films.

The original film was actually very well done and quote scary in its day . Will keep the claws out and dream of a good film .

I'd take their original films over more Halloween, Psycho films.

Oh, don't get me wrong, the Halloween and Psycho boat has sailed for me too (Bates Motel aside anyway). I've just not seen anything in modern horror that stands out as much as any of the iconic villains of yesteryear.

As long as it's better than the absolutely shambolic Jackie Earle Haley affair, I'll be interested.

Actually half enjoyed the last reboot, it wasn’t as bad as most, although it took a while to get used the idea without Englund. It wasn’t a patch on the original though. I expect this to be more of the same mediocrity, it’s hard to get excited about horror films lately. Hollywood don’t seem to be funnelling new ideas, they don’t have the same creative environment of past decades. Suppose there’s less risk to redoing an old title than take a punt on something new. More likely to get away with a bland remake. All the same I’ll probably still watch it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually half enjoyed the last reboot, it wasn’t as bad as most, although it took a while to get used the idea without Englund. It wasn’t a patch on the original though. I expect this to be more of the same mediocrity, it’s hard to get excited about horror films lately. Hollywood don’t seem to be funnelling new ideas, they don’t have the same creative environment of past decades. Suppose there’s less risk to redoing an old title than take a punt on something new. More likely to get away with a bland remake. All the same I’ll probably still watch it.

It was horrendous.

I'm afraid I have to agree. It was awful. And Jackie Earle Haley brought no scares or fear as Krueger. Although it wasn't all his fault, the script and direction were abysmal.

Robert Englund;
I’m not Freddy anymore, you guys. I could do one more…probably. If you shot me up with vitamin c. But here’s the thing. I can’t do eight more, you guys. So we need a new actor that you guys believe in and trust and love that can go the distance.”

He’s not a kid anymore either but the rumour I’ve heard that I like is Kevin Bacon. Kevin loves horror. He’s a real actor. He’s a character actor. Kevin was great in Tremors. Kevin was great in Stir of Echoes. And I’ve heard this rumor. We need someone like that to take it on. And re-do it, exploiting all of the new technology.”

Bacon has certainly played some effective villains in the past, and I could see him bringing the theatrics necessary to the character. Freddy will always be Englund as far as I'm concerned, but I'm happy to see makers have another crack at him.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom