A Nightmare on Elm Street (HBO Max)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
On the back of a possible movie remake, there are rumours of a series with streamer HBO Max
Seems the Wes Craven estate need to fill up their coffers.

A Nightmare On Elm Street was very much a product of it's time. No place I'm afraid for Freddy in the 20's.

Plenty of boogeymen to worry about when ya awake now, let alone when you're asleep!

A Nightmare On Elm Street was very much a product of it's time. No place I'm afraid for Freddy in the 20's.

Plenty of boogeymen to worry about when ya awake now, let alone when you're asleep!

boogeymen you say

love from Baba Yaga, then he strikes.......

kisses love u.gif

How dare you bring John Wick into this!

There were only 2 good Elm Street films; the original and New Nightmare. You could maybe convince me Dream Warriors wasn't bad, but 2, 4, 5 and 6 were dreadful. Even with the great Robert Englund doing his best.

There were only 2 good Elm Street films; the original and New Nightmare. You could maybe convince me Dream Warriors wasn't bad, but 2, 4, 5 and 6 were dreadful. Even with the great Robert Englund doing his best.

The only good thing about the 4th was the Tuesday Knight song Nightmare.

It could work as long as they make Freddy more of a force of nature rather than a stand up comedian. The less they show of him the scarier he becomes. It is a terrifying idea that going to sleep will be your end.

I can't actually think of anyone right now who I think could pull off the Freddy role.

Wouldn't have to be someone famous, but before the recent remake I did think Jackie Earle Haley would do a good job. However that turned out not to be the case. Although he was hampered too by some terrible writing and direction.

Dream Warriors, is for me the best of the whole franchise

I'd have been all over this but sort of feel like the new IT films filled the hole left by the Nightmare series and did so very effectively. I think they even reference a Nightmare on Elm Street 5 in the latest one!

And Dream Warriors is badarse. Probably the most enjoyable one of the series for pure B movie goodness, but New Nightmare is cerebral and interesting.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom